Sunday, February 24, 2013

Wow, I knew I would be writing things up here infrequently, but I didn't think  a year and a day would go by between posts. I think I pegged the slackmeter.


So, Last week, I finally got to put my rims for the K in a bead cabinet, scouring all the rust and crud off and prepping the chrome surface for acid etch primer. The front has some areas of pitting, but nothing really bad, it's mostly on the inside. The rear rim, however, has some problems of it's own. When last I re-spoked it, I went with heavier spokes that required drilling my rim's nipple holes out another 32nd" or so. all the holes had rust and "mushrooming, with one hole having mushroomed enough to where I think the nipple could pass through it. Got it sorted with peen and file though, and the acid-etch went on without a hitch. Now for UPS to deliver my paint and spokes. Tuesday the front hub goes down to the machinist to get 5mm taken off one disc mount, and the GL speedo drive machined down to match the CB drive.This will allow the use of the F front brakes.

The rims are going to be Cosmos Blue, with Anthracite hubs. The bike itself will be all black, with the blue rims, anthracite hubs, and a Cosmos Blue racing stripe down the black tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment